Hummus is one of the best healthy snacks. It makes the perfect dip for all your favorite fresh veggies, it makes such a delicious spread on sandwiches or wraps, and it also makes such a great addition to different bowls and platters! Can it get any better?? YES IT CAN. Just add some microgreens!!!
In this recipe we added our weekend’s left over pea shoots! It only take 10 minutes to make!!! If you want a spicy hummus, simply replace the pea shoots with some radish and cress microgreens. Grow Your Own Microgreens at Home!! No need to purchase hummus from the store again.
- 1 cup pea shoots
- 1 clove of garlic
- 45ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tin organic chick peas
- 45ml reserved tin water
- 30ml tahini
- 1 lemon, juice and some zest
- 5ml flaked sea salt
- Wash and spin pea shoots.
- Rinse chickpeas, reserve 45ml of the water.
- Place pea shoots in a food processor along with the garlic and reserved chickpea water and pulse the mixture until it is fairly smooth.
- Add tahini and lemon juice.
- Now add the chickpeas and blend until smooth.
- While blending, add olive oil slowly.
- Add sea salt. Taste the hummus and adjust the salt, lemon or garlic to your liking.
- Before serving, top the hummus with a splash of olive oil, few sea salt flakes and garnish with a pea shoot.
*Store the left over hummus in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.